There is a new phishing attack targeted at Netflix subscribers. It appears as an email suggesting they may have some trouble with your billing info, and politely request that you update your payment details. But if you fall for it, they may attempt to steal your login details, credit card information, photo and ID.
To avoid this scam here’s a few tips to help you think before you click!
- Never click on a login link or an account verification link in an email.
- Check for the green HTTPS padlock.
- But if there is a padlock, check the name of the site to make certain it is accurate.
- Pay careful attention to spelling and grammar errors.
- Guard your ID closely. If you’re asked for a selfie or ID when it isn’t absolutely necessary, avoid the request.
Here is how the lure looks: